Monday, February 14, 2011

The Bachelor Week 7: Lady in Waiting

Why am I watching “The Bachelor” on Valentine’s Day, you ask? Well, I wasn’t planning on it.

My Valentine, who spent the weekend skiing with some buddies in Colorado, was supposed to land this evening at 6:30 and be at my house for a romantic evening by 8. Well folks, the show’s on, so it’s past 8 and…no valentine.

Ya know how they tell you to be at the airport an hour ahead of time? Well, if it’s Denver, make it an hour and ten minutes. My valentine arrived at the airport an hour before his scheduled departure. After making it through security he had 20 minutes to take the tram to his gate. Then he hopped on the tram which went…nowhere…for 10 minutes. No problem, that left 10 more minutes to get to his gate, which was nearby.

He ran to the gate and found…no one. No passengers. No gate agent. So he asked a nearby gate agent what was going on and was told that you have to be in your seat 10 minutes prior to departure. Since when is that a rule? My valentine pointed to the clock and informed the agent that it was in fact 10 minutes prior to departure. So the agent told him, “Well, we’ve already weighed and balanced the plane.” My valentine then pointed out that bags were still being loaded onto the plane, so that made no sense. Liars liars pants on fires! So my valentine got a little (a lot) upset and tried to argue his way onto the plane which, mind you, hadn’t even pulled away from the gate.

There were two couples who were in the exact same predicament and they tried to calm my valentine down, telling him that there was nothing he could do. Livid, he looked at them and pointed out that they were with their significant others, but that he was trying to get home to his.

Delta didn’t care and stood by their ridiculous (and ficticious) 10 minute rule and rather than putting him on his direct flight arriving at 6:30 pm, put him on an indirect route arriving at 10:00. So the good news is that I get to watch “The Bachelor.” But the bad news is that I had to scrap my romantic dinner and have to keep waiting to see my valentine. But this lady in waiting fully intends to complain to Delta for messing up my Valentine’s Day by giving away my boyfriend’s seat. I can see right through your 10 minute rule, Delta!

So while I sit here waiting for him to make it home, I thought I might as well take a trip to Anguilla with Brad and the girls.

Brad chose Sweet Southern Emily for the first one-on-one date.
I was busy making really ugly chocolate covered strawberries at the time, so I only kinda’ heard what happened. What I know is that Emily is nervous to introduce Brad to her daughter. I also heard Brad say that he doesn’t deserve to be with Emily (DUH!). Lastly I heard him break the rules by ensuring Emily that she would get a rose that week.

Next Brad took Shawntal with an S to the market. They had a lovely time amidst the locals and fellow tourists. They had dinner and took in a Bankie Banks concert. Brad opened up to Shawntal about his daddy issues and said he doesn’t talk about these things with anyone. Ummm, you’ve talked about these things with half of the girls on the show. Oh well. Next they ran down to the beach, stripped off their clothes and hopped in the water, where Shawntal executed my favorite Bachelor move, the "Underwater leg wraparound!"

Brit joined Brad on the third one-on-one date, which was on a yacht. But the only way to get onto it was to swim there. What a clever way to get a girl out of her clothes. He’s good at that. The yacht made a stop by a cliff, where the pair were going to go cliff jumping. Brad jumped off but Brit was very nervous…rightfully so. Brit eventually jumped and Brad was so proud of her. Brad enjoyed his time with Brit, but just didn’t have romantic feelings for her. Just like his awkward dinner with Abercrombie Alli last week, Brad told Brit over dinner that he didn’t have romantic feelings for her. So he had her climb down the side of the yacht and take a dingie back to the beach house, where she quickly packed and bid the other girls adieu.

The group date happened to be a Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue photo shoot. On shelves tomorrow! Ashley was a natural model and looked great. And then she took her top off and covered up her baby boobies with shells. Chantal with a C was next and was also quick to take her top off. Michelle, less excited to take her top off, was clever enough to invite Brad to co-model with her and had the photographers document a sandy make out session. Needless to say, Ashley and Chantal were pissed and Brad realized his mistake. ..but not quickly enough to not make out with a hot girl in front of the others. Needless to say, the rest of the date was a total downer. But Brad took a moment to give a rose to Ashley the dentist, which surprised me because she’s been a bit of basket case for a while.

Going into this rose ceremony, I finally had no idea who Brad was going to choose to send home but had a feeling it would be Shantal with an S. But then she got a rose. I was actually surprised (and disappointed) that he sent Michelle home. She added some wonderful crazy to the show. At least I thought she would leave us with some awesome ranting. But she gave us absolutely nothing! Boo.

Next week Brad is headed for hometown dates with Sweet Southern Emily, Shawntel with an S, Chantal with a C and Ashley the Dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment